If you are anything like me and you desperately need to lose weight and need to get a somewhat healthier eating lifestyle; but you tend to do the all or nothing approach, then STOP! STOP! right now. This kind of mind-set can never get you off the starting block. There are some people who can set their mind to it and almost in an instant, they’ve picked up a good habit as though they were born with it. Some of us are still dwelling on,
Life is cruel to let us eat what we want and have to pay for it.
Healthy eating is a must for a better life. Gives you better skin, your organs work better and your mind is well nourished. However the constant rush of life, leaves you feeling as though you can not do it all. Some of our very big excuses is that, we do not have time, or we can not afford it or the dog made me do it. REALLY? !!!!!
Time to bin the excuses and start looking and thinking of ways to create a better you. No matter how small or how much time it takes. Keep the focus.
- Remember your habit will come.
- Be honest with yourself. What are your food weakness and strengths?
- Never force yourself to stop eating something. You find that you might end up eating even more than you usually do.
- Start by having scheduled eating days. This can be as little as once a week. But try and keep all meals healthy for that day or days.
- Presentation. Present your food nicely on a plate imagine you are at a restaurant. You do not want to be served with food plonked on your plate, so why would you serve yourself that way.
- Baby or new potatoes. Part boiled, then roast with Pomace olive oil, and sprinkle Rosemary. I add Himalayan salt (optional)
- Salad – small plum tomatoes. Long red Peppers,
- Lettuce of choice and cucumber.
- Dressing- Make your own with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Or a sprinkle of a shop brand.
- Baby Corn and Snap peas
- Roast chicken.
NOTE: If you are focusing on calories have less chicken and only two potatoes.
REMEMBER TO ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY. AFTER ALL YOUR LIFE IS ONE!